Cross Culture Communication Class

Sunday, May 06, 2007

1. How is your daily life affected by Buddhism? What do you do and why do you do it?

I put my hands together and always say 'Itadakimasu' before having a dinner because I express my gratitude for every food. Meals that we eat everyday consist of many sacrifices, for example animals, vegetable, fruit and so on. So, it is important to be grateful to many lives and people who cooked a meal or producters. We usually put my hands together and say 'Itadakimasu' before we eat without much attention, because we have done it from a child in our home or school. It is a teaching of Buddhism that we learned naturally.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rolf said...

Interesting, many other religions have blessings they say before meals.

6:35 PM  
Blogger samantha said...

I also say "Itadakimasu" before eating. And then, this time I examined the meaning of "Itadakimasu", and I could learn the meaning. I always just said "Itadakimasu", but I could know "Itadakimasu" has inportant meaning.

2:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home