Cross Culture Communication Class

Thursday, May 10, 2007

I changed my view of Islam a little. I don't have little knowledge about Islam heretofore. It was a good chance to learn about Islam more.

1. How do you greet people in your life? Is it different for different people? Why?
I change how to greet for different people. I say to my friends "Ohayou" when I meet them in the morning, "bey-bey" when we go home after school is over or just wave my hands when I find my friend in adistance. I use informal greetings because I have friendly ties with them. Howevre, I say to teachers or elderly such "ohayougozaimasu", "sayounara", "situreisimasu". I use informal greetings to pay my respects to them because they are senior.

2. Do you touch people when you talk to them? Why? Or Why not?
I touch people when I talk to only my friends because I think it expresses an affinity and friendliness by touching people. However, I seldom touch seniors and strangers except for matey senior or my family. It's my guess that touching is the old pals act for senior.

3 Comments:

Blogger HJU Teacher said...

Great comments. I am pleased that you liked the speaker. She is an interesting person.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Rolf said...

Interesting. When you greet your parents are you more formal than with your friends? How about with your grandparents? In America we treat them all the same, for the most part.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Winnie the Pooh said...

Thank you for reading my blog, rolf. It is the same form when I greet my parents and grandparents. As I greet my friends, so I greet my parents and grandparents.

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home