Cross Culture Communication Class

Friday, July 06, 2007

Names and Addresses
1. How do you choose a child's given name in you family?
My parents chose my name and sister's name from number of strokes in a Chinese character and the meaning of the Chainese character. And they gave names to me and my sister with their a lot of wishes.

3.Does you given name or your family name mean anything?
I don't know the meaning of my family name, but it seems that my family name derives from the place-name. My given mane was given by my father. My given name means colorful and beautiful brightness. My parents hoped that I grow up a woman who can add color to many people around me and give a lot of happiness to the people. So, I like my name very much.

7.How do you know if names are boy's name, girl's name, or both?
We judge names from Chinese character of given names. A major example is "~子(ko)" and "~男(o)". "~子" is often used to a last letter of girl's name, and "~男" is used to a last letter of boy's name. However, these days, it is difficult to judge a boy or girl from only nemes because individual names are increasing.

1 Comments:

Blogger HJU Teacher said...

Very good views and ideas. I like the meaning of your name!

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home